HOW TO PLAY
Welcome to Americas Cardroom, one of the fastest-growing online poker communities in the world.
We’re proud to offer a wide variety of cash games and tournaments that are designed to suit players of all skill levels. Whether you’re a high roller or a recreational player, Americas Cardroom is dedicated to making your playing experience as enjoyable as possible. Once you take your seat at our tables, it will be obvious why Americas Cardroom is one of the largest poker cardrooms in the world.
To get started, the first thing you need to do is download our software and create your account with Americas Cardroom. This will give you free access to our poker client, where you can browse all our cash games and tournaments to find the game that’s best for you.
Download and Sign Up
Becoming a member at Americas Cardroom couldn’t be easier. Follow these simple step by step instructions and we’ll have you playing with us in no time!
Download the Software: Click on the “Download” button featured prominently on the Americas Cardroom online Poker homepage. Click on “Save File” and then you will be guided through a series of prompts after which the software will be successfully downloaded onto your computer.
1. Once the software has been successfully installed, double click the icon now visible on your desktop.
2 .Now you will receive a prompt to type in your login information or create a new account.
3. Click the “Create New Account” button on the left-hand side of the login box. A pop-up box will appear with a number of fields in which you need to enter your personal information to create your account. Please rest assured that the privacy of our customers is of the utmost importance to us at Americas Cardroom and we will not compromise or share your information with any third party.
4. Once you’ve filled in your information correctly, you will receive a message indicating that you’ve successfully created an online Poker account with us. Please check the inbox of the email address you gave to us to receive our “Welcome to Americas Cardroom” email which will outline our latest promotions and benefits.
5. As you have now successfully created your online Poker account, you will be able to access Americas Cardroom by using the log in identification that you chose when creating your account. Enter your username and password when double clicking on the Americas Cardroom Icon on your desktop.
6. After your first log in, you will be asked to choose a player nickname. Your nickname is the name that other players will see when you sit at a table, so choose wisely. Once you’ve chosen your nickname, you will be unable to change it.
7. You have now completed your last step in the sign-up process and can begin to play.
Navigating the Lobby:
The main lobby is more than just the screen you’ll encounter when you log into your account. The lobby is effectively your poker command center. Not only can you browse all our tournaments and cash games with ease, but you can take advantage of filters and other tools to find the online Poker game that’s perfect for you.
Below is a screenshot of our lobby with an explanation of its different sections:
1. Poker Lobby – By clicking on this tab, you will automatically return to the main Poker Lobby which is the default screen that you will see every time you log into our online Poker software.
2. Casino – This tab opens our online casino, allowing you to play various games against the house including blackjack, roulette and slots.
3. Rewards – This tab allows you to see any special rewards you are entitled to including bonuses and promotions. Check this tab regularly as Americas Cardroom is constantly updating, offering new and exciting promotions every month.
4. My Account – This menu bar allows you to update your personal information, access the online Poker cashier, and review your transaction history.
5. Announcements – Outlines Americas Cardroom’s latest online Poker promotions, news and updates.
6. Help – Gives instructions on how to contact our Supports Staff available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
7. Logout – Click on this when you want to exit the software.
8. Player Displays – Gives information about how many players are currently logged into the software and how many games are currently running.
9. Money in Play – Gives information about how much money you’re currently using in Ring Games or Tournaments and the total money in your online Poker account.
10. Hide Tables Checkboxes – Allows you to specify the tables you would like to see, giving you the option to hide empty and/or full tables.
11. Time and Date Display – Displays the current time and date. Please refer to this clock when you’re determining start times of tournaments which you would like to play.
12. Game Selection Filter – A drop down menu allowing you to choose a variety of games from Texas Hold’em to Omaha.
13. Tournaments Button – Click this to bring up a completely separate lobby which lists all of our available tournaments.
14. Game Size Filter – Choose between small, medium, and large ring games.
15. Game Betting Structure Filter – Choose between No-Limit, Pot Limit, and Fixed limit tables.
16. Play Money – Accesses our play money tables lobby.
17. Game Info – Displays who’s currently sitting at the tables and the chip stacks of the highlighted table.
18. Waiting List – Displays who’s currently waiting to join the table.
19. Join Waiting List – Adds you to the waiting list behind the highlighted table.
20. Cashier – Takes you to the “Cashier” which displays your balance of funds, bonuses and rebates. Here you can withdraw or fund your online Poker account.
21. Join Table – Takes you to the highlighted table.
22. Promo – Brings you to the promotions page of the Americas Cardroom website.
23. New Player – If you are a new member to Americas Cardroom you are eligible to play at tables specifically reserved for new members. Clicking on this button will list these tables.
Navigating the Cashier:
Our user-friendly online Poker “Cashier” makes funding your account or making a withdrawal a fast and easy process. Once you click on the “Cashier” button in the Main Lobby it will bring you to the Cashier Lobby displayed here:
Here you will find the balance of your poker account. Please note: money that is currently in play will not be listed as money available to you. You will also see the balance of your Frequent Player Points, Tourney Bucks, and Bonus Cash that you have accrued during your play.
In order to deposit or withdraw from your online Poker account click on either of the large displayed buttons in red. From here you will be rerouted and given a list of options from which you may choose your preferred deposit or withdrawal method. Please note: our options change frequently depending upon availability.
Players may also reverse withdrawals and view their transaction histories by selecting from the menu on the left-hand side.
Sitting at a Ring Game:
In order to open up a desired online Poker table simply double click on the red highlighted table or click the “Join Table” button on the bottom right hand of the screen.
In doing so a table will then open:
1. Sitting in a free seat with the intention to play: Click on any of the seats that are not occupied. All spaces around the table that are marked “Free Seat Click to Sit” are available. Once you have successfully sat down at a table you will see your player nickname occupying that spot.
2. Bringing money to the table: After choosing a seat you will be prompted to decide how much money you would like to bring to the table.
This box will outline the minimum and maximum Table Buy-in at the top. The default buy-in is always the table minimum. To bring more than the table minimum either utilize the scroll bar to select the desired amount, or type in the amount you would like to bring to the table in the amount box. Should you wish to bring the minimum or maximum amount click on the desired button.
Game buttons – When play indicates that it’s your turn to act, you will be shown a series of buttons to choose from.
Choose the corresponding button to the action you see best fit. You may also use the pot calculating wager amount buttons when choosing to bet. These will automatically wager the specified portion of the pot currently being played dependent upon your selection.
Pre-Action Buttons – If you know what you would like to do in a hand prior to it being your action, the pre-action buttons allow you to make the selection and will automatically carry out your selection once it’s your turn.
Players who enjoy Multi-Table action often use this feature to play more efficiently.
History – On the top right-hand corner of the screen you’ll find the “History” button. This allows you to review online Poker hands that you have played, either by reading the hand history of a particular hand or by reviewing the hand being played out in our state-of-the-art hand re-player.
The hand re-player will then load a separate window giving you the option to play back a series of hands, fast forward, pause, or skip forward or backwards, much like your DVD player at home.
Playing a Tournament:
In order to access our Tournament Lobby, click the “Tournaments” button located in the filters at the top of the Main Lobby. Clicking this button will bring up our online Poker Tournament Lobby in a separate window.
Tournament Lobby Features
1. Scheduled Tournaments Tab – This tab is the main lobby for all multi-table tournaments. These tournaments have a specified start time.
2. Sit and Go Tournaments Tab – This lists all of our Sit and Go Tournaments. These tournaments do not have a specified start time and begin when the required numbers of participants have registered.
3. Tournament Buttons – Allows you to specify which type of tournament you would prefer, from choices such as “guaranteed”, “freeroll”, “regular”, “qualifier” etc.
4. Tournament Filters – These checkboxes allow you to further refine your search. For instance, if you choose only “rebuy” format, only tournaments that allow rebuys will be listed.
5. Tournament Info – Gives further information on the structure of the tournament including limit type, level times, number of winners etc.
6. Scheduling Info – Lists the times at which registration starts and ends, and will include the starting time of the tournament.
7. Tournament Cost – Lists the cost deducted from your account should you wish to play the tournament, as well as the cost of rebuys and add-ons as well as starting chips.
8. Main Lobby Button – Exits you from the Tournament Lobby to bring you back to the main Ring Game Lobby.
9. Go to Tourney Button – Opens up a new window to the specific tournament lobby highlighted in red.
10. Register Button – Registers you for the tournament that you have highlighted in red.
Registering for a Multi Table Tournament:
To register for a tournament (highlighted in red), click on the “Register” button at the bottom of your screen. Do so only after you’ve selected the tournament that you would like to play, and once you’ve reviewed the tournament and scheduling information as well as the cost of the tournament displayed at the bottom of the “Multi-Table Tournament” Lobby. After selecting the “Register” button you will be prompted to either register or cancel your selection.
Registering for a Sit and Go Tournament:
To view the online Poker “Sit and Go” tournaments” available and currently open for registration, click on the “Sit and Go Tournaments” tab located at the top of the “Tournaments Lobby”. Register for the “Sit and Go” of your choice in the same way you would register for the “Multi-Table Tournament”. You can unregister for the “Sit and Go” prior to registration being filled. The “Sit and Go” tournament will begin once the required number of registrants has been met.
Individual Tournament Lobbies – While you’re playing in a tournament you can receive additional information about the tournament you’re playing by clicking on “Go to Tourney”. This button will bring up a Tournament Lobby specific to the tournament being played.
Here you will find the following information: Current chip count of all registered players, current standings, and prize distribution.