Brady, Prescott start run for NFL MVP tonight
By Bob Garcia
The NFL regular season kicks off tonight with defending champ Tampa Bay hosting Dallas. And while most bettors are focusing on the spread (Bucs -8) and the total (51.5), many are also looking at the MVP odds.
The Americas Cardroom sportsbook has many future odds bets available, including NFL MVP. Looking at the updated odds below, the first thing that jumps out is the top-10 favorites are all quarterbacks. That makes sense since a signal caller has won this award the last eight years.
The other big factor that jumps out is the significant favorite that Patrick Mahomes is at +400. He won this award in 2018, with Baltimore’s Lamar Jackson taking home the honor in 2019 and then Aaron Rodgers last year (his third time winning).
Brady (+1400) has also won this award three times (2007, 2010, 2017) and the 44-year-old seems overvalued at these odds no matter how much of a medical marvel he is. Prescott (+1700) is another player who I don’t think has great odds value after not playing this preseason due to his shoulder issue.
A player I like at their odds is Seattle’s Russell Wilson (+1509), who has never won the award despite playing at an extremely high level since 2012.
NFL MVP odds favorites
1. Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City (+400)
2. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay (+1000)
3. Josh Allen, Buffalo (+1000)
4. Matthew Stafford, L.A. Rams (+1000)
5. Tom Brady, Tampa Bay (+1400)
6. Russell Wilson, Seattle (+1509)
7. Lamar Jackson, Baltimore (+1600)
8. Dak Prescott, Dallas (+1700)
9. Baker Mayfield, Cleveland (+1812)
10. Kyler Murray, Arizona (+1843)