Casinos in Niagara Falls, Canada confirm reopening plans
By Bob Garcia
The wait for live poker in the Greater Toronto Area is almost over. The two casinos in Niagara Falls, Canada have confirmed plans to reopen on Friday, July 23rd at 10am, following an announcement by other Ontario casinos, including Casino Rama just north of Toronto.
Fallsview Casinos will be open 24 hours a day and feature slots machines along with limited table games. Casino Niagara will be open from 10am to 2am daily. Table games will not be available and the poker room will remain closed at this time.
While peer-to-peer poker games aren’t available, it’s not yet clear if other poker table games, like 3 Card Poker, will be available. The Fallsview Casino Resort website doesn’t list the specific games that will be open.
Guests are required to wear masks on the property and will need a Momentum (loyalty) Card to enter.
The casino released a list of things patrons can expect upon entering the two casinos:
• Momentum cards will be required to enter the casino for contact tracing purposes
• Physical distancing of at least two metres
• The use of face coverings for customers and employees
• Ensuring the availability of alcohol-based hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes for customers
• Implementing where effective and possible, physical barriers such as clear plastic partitions
• Enhanced cleaning and disinfection, particularly of high-touch surfaces, bathrooms and shared equipment
• Signage and communication to reinforce all health and safety protocols
• Employee health screening tools including temperature kiosks
• COVID-19 health & safety training for all staff