Four Vegas casinos close to returning to 24-hour gambling
By Bob Garcia
Sin City is slowing returning to normal following the COVID-19 pandemic
MGM Resorts has announced that, starting on March 3, three Las Vegas Strip casinos will resume 24/7 hotel operations. Those casinos are The Mirage, Park MGM and Mandalay Bay and this decision has come after Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak said he’s planning to ease casino capacity restrictions in the coming weeks and months. Last week, he allowed the casinos to operate at a 35% capacity, 10% more than it was before and that will rise to 50 percent on March 15.
It was also announced by the governor that, starting in May, casinos will be allowed to operate at full capacity, matching with the reopening of nightclubs and day clubs. Of course, as it’s been since the COVID-19 started, safety measures will take an important role. Face coverings and social distancing are going to remain mandatory for an announced period of time.
According to a report from Fox News, some temporary immunity from people who already got the virus, plus the vaccine distributions, has helped lead to a new relative low in the seven-day average of new COVID-19 in Nevada, and that’s why the restrictions can be eased a little. MGM CEO Bill Hornbuckle said in a statement, “We remain optimistic about Las Vegas’ recovery and our ability to bring employees back to work as business volumes allow us to do so.”
According to its official website, Caesars-owned Planet Hollywood will revert to 24/7 hours, as well starting on February 25. Wynn Resorts hasn’t shared any announcement about when it will change operating hours for the entire Encore property.