Super Bowl odds updated for NFL Week 2
By Bob Garcia
The NFL regular season got off to a great start last week, with the lack of fans in the stands really not an issue. Bettors are already looking at the Week 2 game odds, but also at the Super Bowl odds, which get updated every week.
Here are the top-10 favorites: You can see the previous Week 1 odds in parenthesis
1. Kansas City Chiefs +420 (+515)
2. Baltimore Ravens +560 (+595)
3. New Orleans Saints +900 (+1175)
4. Seattle Seahawks +1150 (+1300)
5. San Francisco 49ers +1550 (+1050)
6. Pittsburgh Steelers +1725 (+2200)
7. Dallas Cowboys +1850 (+1500)
8. Tampa Bay Buccaneers +1865 (+1370)
9. Tennessee Titans +2100 (+2700)
10. Green Bay Packers +2150 (+3800)
The top two teams in Kansas City and Baltimore stayed in their respective positions. Each had a very impressive opening performance. New Orleans is up to third place and the top squad from the NFC.
Seattle has moved ahead of NFC West rival San Francisco. The 49ers had a disappointing 24-20 home loss to Arizona as 6.5-point favorites. They’ve now dropped to +1550, although many bettors might find them attractive at that number.
A team on the rise is Pittsburgh, who have Ben Roethlisberger back at quarterback. The Steelers easily took care of business at the Giants on Monday night, winning 26-16 as 6-point favorites.
Green Bay is the team with the biggest jump. We recommended them in this column last week after sitting at +3800. Just one week later they are down to +2150 after a 43-34 win at Minnesota. That gives the Pack a great opening edge in the NFC North.