Win your way to a wild weekend of poker
and partying in San Jose, Costa Rica
It’s time to pack your bags and leave your significant other at home. We’re bringing The Cage Live to the Taormina Hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica, every other month starting in March 2018. Experience two days of intense action on and off the felt in this adults-only event.
Think you have the stamina to handle the fun and intensity? We’re giving you plenty of chances to win your $8,000 prize package. That includes your $5,000 Cage Live buy-in, hotel accommodations, airfare and spending cash.
Have you entered The Cage?
The Cage is a time-based cash game in tournament format. Don’t miss your chance to pound your opponents and really let loose in the Costa Rica capital.
Win 1 of 3 $8,000 packages every Sunday night
We’re giving away three Cage Live prize packages guaranteed every Sunday beginning January 7th. Just enter our $55 Beast and Sit & Crush Cage Live satellite at 6pm ET. You can also earn your satellite entry for free via The Beast and Sit & Crush leaderboards.
Winners of the $8,000 package Will Receive:
- $5,000 + $250 Buy-in to Cage Live Event
- $800 airfare
- $1,000 spending Cash
- Up to 3 nights’ accommodation at the Taormina Casino and Hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica
- Airport Transportation
Pick your Date
The Cage Live runs five times in 2018. You can attend any one of the remaining Cage Live events this year.
|March 16th, 17th, 18th and 19th|
|May 25th, 26th, 27th and 28th|
|July 27th, 28th, 29th and 30th|
|September 28th, 29th, 30th and October 1st|
|November 30th, December 1st, 2nd and 3rd|
The Cage Live Structure
- 2-Day Event
- Players start with 5,000 in tournament chips.
- 3 hours Blind Levels.
- 30 minute break every level.
- No late registration.
- No Re-entry allowed.
- Day 1 -> 2 Levels
- Day 2 -> 2 Levels
- Level 1 with $10 / $20 blinds and $5 ante
- Level 2 with $25 / $50 blinds and $5 ante
- Level 3 with $40 / $80 blinds and $10 ante
- Level 4 with $50 / $100 blinds and $10 ante
Cage Live - March 16th - 19th Recap
The first ever nosebleed stakes cash game in time-based tournament has drawn to its exciting conclusion and our inaugural Cage Live Event was a huge success.
We had a total of 21 entrants either qualify via satellite or cough up the $5,250 buy-in to compete in the inaugural event. Out of 21 players who started the day yesterday, only a total of 10 players managed to grind out a payday in the end, some with some pretty noticeable scores.
Congratulations to Stanley Lee who was our big winner, taking home a total of $19,875 for finishing atop of the field.
Here’s a look at the winners:
A special thank-you to our online qualifiers who came to visit us from far and wide after qualifying for their $8,000 package in the Beast and Sit & Crush $55 buy-in Sunday night qualifiers.
Their trip down to our backyard gave us the rare opportunity to showcase our offices during a player tour we gave on Friday, and take them for a night on the town in the Party Bus on Saturday night!
Cage Live May 25th – 28th Recap
That’s all she wrote! The 2nd Cage Live Event of 2018 has concluded. The victors are now collecting their spoils and the losers talk on the rail of what could have been.
Out of the 28 players that started the event, 13 survived, and some thrived. A big congratulations to Christopher Roberts who came out on top of the field and won the day with a massive score of $21,825
Here’s a look at the winners:
|Juan Martin Pastor||$7,325|
|Jose David Sanchez||$5,425|
|Joshua Damm||14th Place|
|Maya French||16th Place|
|David Tacsan||17th Place|
|Pavlo Keda||18th Place|
|Julian Kaplan||19th Place|
|Ivan Fernandez||20th Place|
|Bryan England||21st Place|
|Samuel Phillips||22nd Place|
|Joe Williams||23rd Place|
|Tim Jdix||24th Place|
|Troy Quenneville||25th Place|
|Emil Schiff||26th Place|
|Thomas Cannuli||27th Place|
|Nicholas Niergarth||28th Place|
A big thank you to all the players and guests who made their way out to Costa Rica and helped make this event so successful.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to qualify for one of the 3 remaining Cage Live events this year in July, September and November. You can qualify for your $8,000 package via the $55 buy-in Sunday Night Satellites at 6pm ET.
Terms and Conditions
- The Cage Live takes place every two months beginning in late March at the Taormina Hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- The package must be used on the announced dates of the current year. Current dates for 2018 include: March 16th - March 19th, May 25th - May 28th, September 28th - October 1st, November 30th - December 3rd
- Package winner must confirm their date of choice in advance.
- While package includes double occupancy, if a player decides to attend without a guest, no refund shall be provided.
- Spending cash will be provided upon arrival at hotel in San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO)
- Winners are responsible for booking their own flight to and from San Jose, Costa Rica.
- All decisions made by the Tournament Director for Cage Live events are final.
- To help coordinate transportation, itinerary must be provided to organizers at least three business days before date of arrival.
- The package has no cash value, nor can it be redeemed for cash. If a winner is unable to attend any of the events during the calendar year, he or she forfeits the package.
- Players who win multiple packages online will only receive the spending money for 1 package at a time. The spending money will be allotted during each of the separate visits to Costa Rica.
- All Cage Live winnings will be deposited directly into players' WPN accounts. Prizes will not be awarded in cash.
- Breakfast is included at the hotel.
- Players are responsible for any additional expenses incurred.